Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My First Impression in Maine: Perceptions surpassed Expectations!! 

This is my second time coming to America. However, it is my first time being to Orono, Maine State, and likewise, first time coming to America under the leadership of H.E President Barack Obama.

I had quite different impressions.

For my visit to Orono, Maine State, which was, indeed, little or, to be frankly not known to me at all. I expected to find big population and, probably with high number of immigrants (both legal and illegal) like it is the case with other States such as Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta, Virginia, and the likes. 

This hasn't been the case with Orono, Maine. I found the city being one of the coolest places in the most of American States I ever visited, with a considerable low number of immigrants, if none at all, and in fact, the best place to live.

For the case of Obama's leadership, I have found that, He is indeed enjoying large support from Americans of all races contrary to what I expected. My thoughts was that, He (The President) might be facing hurdles in running the country because, people with hard line political stances might still be unhappy for him to become the President, considering the fact that he has a Kenyan origin. 

In general, after arriving here, my impression has been that Maine is the place with natural heritage and highly protected environment which is for the betterment of the Maine residents, American people and their visitors like ourselves (the Tanzanian journalists).

I applaud the entire team of Department of Communication and Journalism and USAID for inviting me to be one among the invited journalists as well as making this project a reality. God Bless You All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment